Program Associate / Researcher
This project will contribute to enhancing African (and Arab) capacities to prevent, manage and resolve conflicts, and to confront other challenges to peace and security. Based on a thorough and comprehensive analysis of the evolving threat environment in Africa (and the Arab World), the project will specifically focus on the following four key areas (project outputs):
a) Enhancing African and Arab communities’ resilience to radicalization and extremism leading to terrorism and other transnational threats, including capacity building in the field of disarmament, demobilization and reintegration;
b) Enhancing African and Arab capacities in peacekeeping;
c) Enhancing African and Arab capacities in peacemaking, peacebuilding and the implementation of the women, peace and security agenda.
d) Enhancing African capacities in combating human trafficking and smuggling of migrants
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
Under the supervision of the Program Officer, the Program Associate / Researcher will be responsible for assisting the implementation, reporting and evaluation of the programs, by performing the following:
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the program’s research agenda;
- Conduct evidence-based, policy oriented, and publication-quality desktop and field research;
- Contribute to the development of training curricula and training material;
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and project implementation;
- Support the development of concept notes, project and event proposals;
- Provide project and administrative support in the preparation of project work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements;
- Support the project management by preparing budget revisions, ensuring that implemented activities are properly recorded and informing of unutilized funds;
- Coordinate with collaborating organizations and partners;
- Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on various activities and services as required, in accordance to project’s needs;
- Develop progress reports and correspondence as necessary;
- Collect and present background information for the preparation of project progress reports, project briefs, power-point presentations, and other knowledge products;
- Ensure project progress and impacts are captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner;
- Contribute to the production of infographics and documentaries in collaboration with the Communications and Visibility Department;
- Mentor and provide guidance to program and research assistants;
- Other tasks as required.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
University degree in political science, international relations, economics, business administration, law or equivalent is a must. A Master’s degree in these fields is also an asset.
IV. Work Experience
At least 3 year work experience (including internships) is required for this job. Previous experience in program/ project admin would be a strong asset.
Mastery of Arabic AND English is required.
VI. Additional Competencies:
- Proven note taking and writing ability;
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills. Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc);
- Ability to work in a team;
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative in dealing with a large volume of work under time pressure, setting priorities, organizing work independently while meeting deadlines and adapting to a constantly developing working environment;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
Section: Extra information
Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position will include a substantive assessment, which will be followed by a competency-based interview with CCCPA management.
Please address applications to [email protected] with the subject heading “Program Associate/Researcher Vacancy”. Applications should include a full CV and letter of motivation.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.