Intern (Migrant Protection Assistance)
Working under the overall direction of the Senior Migrant Protection Assistant (Intake & Outreach), the intern will assist with the operational activities of the intake and outreach team. Tasks will include:
- Assist in the management of migrant information while ensuring confidentiality and accurate data management;
- Report any identifying early indicators of protection concerns to the IOM focal point and ensure full handover to relevant colleagues for case management;
- Communicate information about migrant services to other relevant colleagues and prospective applicants;
- Handle hotline functions and assist in generating monthly statistics;
- Assist in the management of walk-in inquiries and the general upkeep of the IOM waiting area;
- Undertake other duties as required.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Required Education and Experience:
Currently enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme or enrolled in a second university degree or recently graduated from an accredited academic institution preferably in Political/ Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations, Development Studies or related field.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Section: Extra information
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and cover letter not later than Wednesday, 25 of November 2020, Cairo time on www.egypt.iom.int. Late submissions will not be considered.
Applications with missing documents will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Kindly note that for efficiency reasons, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.