Guard (All Interested Applicants)
The U.S. Mission in Cairo/Egypt is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Guard. The work schedule for this position is Full-time 40 hours/week.
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
As a member of the Local Guard Program, the incumbent is responsible for managing access control to US Mission’s facilities and conducting screening for visitors, in order to maintain security for Mission’s personnel.
Local Guards detect, deter, respond, and report potential criminal and terrorist acts directed against U.S. Government personnel and facilities.
The Local Guard Force shall carry out specific duties as described in the General and Specific Guard Orders.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Prior Work Experience:
One year of experience in the military, as a police officer, or private security guard is required.The incumbent must have completed or have been fully exempted from military service.
Knowledge of emergency notification systems, familiarity with state-of-the-art security equipment, awareness of cultural norms and customs is required.
High School or Secondary school diploma is required.
Level I (Rudimentary Knowledge) Speaking/Writing of English is required.Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing of Arabic is required.
Abilities and Skills:
Ability to understand security control panels and operate emergency alarms and public address systems. Ability to use state-of-the-art security and radio communication equipment. Ability to use an Automated External Defibrillator. Daily duties may involve extended periods of walking and/or standing in a wide variety of weather conditions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. The mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Section: Extra information
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cairo Post/Egypt may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter from the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as the preference-eligible U.S. The veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates, including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
Section: Important application extra details
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a medical and security clearance.
To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site.
Emails sent to [email protected] must display the Vacancy Announcement number in the email subject line to receive a response.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (must).
- Proof of Citizenship (must).
- Other documents (Military Service Certificate) (mandatory for men only).
- SF-50 (if applicable).
- Work Permit (if applicable) (for non-Egyptian).
Applicants who are invited to an interview will be contacted via phone call or email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. May be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Email inquiries about this Vacancy Announcement (VA) must include the VA number in the email subject line.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cairo, Egypt
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.