Finance and Administrative Assistant
1. Introduction: general information about the context in which the official will work: “Employment for Youth in Egypt (EYE): Providing A Reason to Stay” project started in December 2017 and will end in June 2022 as a joint effort of ILO, UNIDO, UNDP, and its government counterpart Ministry of Trade and Industry. The project aims to improve economic security of young women and men in Qalyoubia and Menoufia, particularly targeting vulnerable groups who are at risk of irregular migration. The project will focus on two main pillars:
1. Reduction of economic vulnerability of young women and men in migration-prone areas, in Qalyoubia and Menoufia, through better and greater decent jobs opportunities. 2. Enhance local communities through the active participation and engagement of young women and men in their communities, and ensure youth better understand their potential and play active role in their society.
2. Reporting Lines The incumbent will perform his/her duties under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator and the overall guidance of the DWT/CO-Cairo Director.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
- ) Maintain project financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for daily transactions and reports.
- ) Process contracts for financial clearance and payment. Ensure the correctness and appropriateness of types of contracts used with each activity, and ensure all necessary supporting documents are attached.
- ) Prepare correspondence on own initiative to verify data, address and answer queries and follow-up as necessary with project and ILO staff, consultants and counterparts. Draw the attention of the joint project manager to matters requiring immediate attention.
- ) Review and request additional information on the financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
- ) Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process claims for payment, and check payment vouchers, prices and claims invoices.
- ) Make travel arrangements, hotel reservations and make travel authorization forms for technical experts and Partners.
- ) Provide administrative and financial backstopping and guidance for project staff and consultants, with respect to payments, entitlements, travel claims, and other requirements relating to accounts and finance.
- ) Consult with Finance Unit and project team on rules, regulations and procedures, and inform project staff, partners, consultants, interns of new or revised procedures and practices.
- ) Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for donor reporting, for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- ) Provide support, when necessary, in the preparation and running of project workshops and meetings.
- ) Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by technical courses in accounting and/or finance and administrative field.
Five years of progressively responsible project administration work; experience of working in development and socio-economic issues will be an additional asset; Experience in UN and knowledge of ILO administrative and financial rules and regulations will be a significant additional asset.
Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of Arabic language
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge in appropriate software such as accounting software, MS (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office.
- Knowledge and understanding of a complex body of financial and administrative rules, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems.
- Good analytical skills. Ability to reason and make sound judgements.
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical accounting reports and statements.
- Demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct including confidentiality, accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to evaluate correspondence and inquiries for best course of action.
- Ability to respond to work related inquiries in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of the team by demonstrating high level of collegiality and cooperation.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Efficient organisational skills.
Section: Extra information
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ILO People. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.