OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme envisions a region where all health-related policies, decisions on healthcare development and implementation, and innovations are informed by best available evidence from verifiable knowledge, research and reliable information. The programme’s mission is to strengthen the capacity of Member States to improve availability, quality and use of evidence from reliable information, research and other sources of knowledge, and to enhance effective innovations toward Universal Health Coverage and health-related Sustainable Development Goals.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Work with technical units across WHO to support the integration of key datasets with the RHO data repository and content management systems.
2. Implement data and metadata standards and protocols for data exchange and synchronization.
3. Maintain and update health information system platforms and databases; support the development of the Regional Health Observatory (RHO) and National Health Observatories.
4. Conduct needs assessment in terms of collecting and consolidating data relating to capabilities in Member States concerning observatories in terms of hardware, software and human resources for development of national observatories.
5. Liaise with counter parts from headquarters, country offices and other regional offices to share, exchange and acquire knowledge related to health information systems.
6. As part of the GIS team, contribute to the development of GIS-based systems.
7. In collaboration with other Technical Assistants, contribute to effective management of the Regional Office’s health data through maintenance and updating of related databases servers.
8. Provide support, guidance, troubleshooting and on-demand report generation for users.
9. Develop technical documentation for developed modules as required; document problems and keep log of events for testing, troubleshooting and future enhancements, as well as developing guidelines of functionality for users to follow.
10. Provide training to relevant staff within the office and the Member States in using the RHO and development of related platforms.
11. Support and promote the harmonization of data collection streams and procedures across WHO.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Producing results.
- Knowing and managing yourself.
Section: Extra information
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.