Section: Responsibilities / Duties
Description of Duties:
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Receive, screen and process correspondence and requests, and follow up on implementation of all administrative actions, ensuring adherence to deadlines and timely response to correspondence and queries.
- Type, ensuring correctness of language as well as format, and in accordance with WHO Style Guide, correspondence, reports, documents and presentations upon written/verbal instructions, and independently compose correspondence of purely routine administrative nature.
- Make necessary arrangements regarding duty travel of staff in the unit, submit travel requests (TRs) in the Global Management System (GSM), arrange for flight and hotel reservations and deal with other related matters.
- In line with WHO procedures and rules, provide secretarial support during intercountry meetings, including issuance of letters and TRs for temporary advisers and participants.
- Submit different administrative transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services, and follow up with concerned parties for the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
- Files documents in accordance with the filing system in use and obtain relevant information/background as required.
- Replace other assistants within the department, and perform other relevant duties within their scope of responsibility as required.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Essential : Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training.
Desirable : University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field an asset.
Essential: At least three years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
Desirable: Related experience in UN or international organization.
– Good filing and organizational skills
– Ability to maintain good working relationships with national and international staff
– Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide as applicable to the secretarial level an asset.
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Knowing and managing yourself
Language Skills :
Very good knowledge of English and Arabic.
French an asset.
Section: Extra information
- This vacancy is used to replenish the roster of the G4 Team Assistant positions in the Regional Office, it is to be used for filling temporary and fixed term positions.
- Applicants must ensure that their profiles on Stellis are properly completed and updated.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.