Budget & Programming Associate
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels
Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&f eature=youtu.be
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs). Job holders typically report to the Budget & Programming Officer. Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to complex queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders support management of financial resources and may provide guidance to other staff.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) assume a substantial role for public sector business and its ability to make a major contribution towards their achievement. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development gives business a significant role to play in efforts to achieve the SDGs, based on their ability to invest and innovate in a sustainable way. Achieving the SDGs requires collective action, shared responsibility and financing from multiple sources, especially of the public sector financial institutions.
To achieve the ambitious plan of sustaining all the strategic interventions of Egypt’s WFP CO, the public-sector contribution should improve and strengthens long-term partnerships with financial institutions, companies, foundations and high-net worth individuals. This includes leveraging the capacities of this segment to build long lasting partnerships that goes beyond resources but expands to leaving a mark to future development visions of the country.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
To provide a range of specialised support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
- Review, compile and analyze data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, including the monthly Resource Analysis Report, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for potential donor funding proposals
- Provide analysis and reports on all projects commodity shortfalls/breaks and formulate recommendation on resource allocation for commodity call-forward.
- Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Be able to extract relevant data to prepare various related reports and presentations as well to assist management in preparation of such reports and presentations (monthly summary of distributions against the plan, etc.).
- Provide commodity related inputs to the corporate documents that CO must submit regularly and for various reports and briefs both mandatory and ad-hoc as required by the CO’s management.
- Analyze and prepare projections for food commodities to ensure timely call-forward (including local procurement) and availability of food in-country.
- Prepare and submit Funding Proposals, Assignment Plans for projects in the Egypt Country Office.
- Ensure accuracy of data and information in each of the document submitted.
- In coordination with the Operation, Procurement and Logistics, review and prepare recommendations for the Supply-Chain Meetings.
- Generate from WINGS the project, resource and grant management data and reports (grant balances, expenditures, resource transfer, project management reports etc.) and provide further analysis.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Internal Controls & Compliance||Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.|
|Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting||Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.|
|Performance Management||Displays sufficient understanding of WFP performance management system to gather relevant and accurate information from internal and external sources for inputs to monitoring and/or evaluation processes.|
|Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge||Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).|
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in budget planning, monitoring and analysis of financial performance.
• Has supported the preparation and management of budgets. • Has assisted with the monitoring of budgets/resource plans/pipelines/supply chains. • Has assisted with budget/allotment related issues within the WFP budget system.
Section: Extra information
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.