: University degree in medicine, biostatistics, epidemiology or public health.
: Postgraduate degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or public health related field.
: At least five years’ experience at both the national and international levels in the field of statistics and data development, including CRVS systems and use of classifications and terminologies.
: Working experience with NGOs, UN or international agencies.
- Very good knowledge of the assessment, planning, development and implementation of projects and programmes on CRVS systems.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and recommendations for vital statistics systems.
- In depth knowledge of CRVS systems, cause of death certification and analysis.
- Excellent management capacity, including networking and alliance building.
- Proven knowledge of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD); International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), and related classifications.
- Excellent knowledge of Verbal Autopsy methods, cause of deaths analysis, data quality assessment and mortality estimations.
- Knowledge of Verbal Autopsy software such as Inter-VA and Smart-VA.
Use of Language Skills
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
- Promoting innovation and organizational learning.
: Expert knowledge of English.
: Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.