Human Resources Assistant
Saving & changing lives
Make a difference the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Build bridges that unite peop le across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations. Join us to make a difference Watch this video to know more abo ut us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&f eature=youtu.be
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
- Provide assistance on a range of general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistency and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Support in the execution of HR operations, analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives
- Support in the payroll processing and support in the calculation of the salary Increase.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Consolidating and Compiling training requests from various units, developing and maintaining accurate and easily accessible records and processes for all learning and development activities.
- Assist in setting and developing personal development plans in alignment with the areas of development raised and discussed during the performance Management cycle
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, HR letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, Performance Management, ….etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Oversee and manage end-to-end contract management process, including contracts’ preparation and proceeding with System needed actions after getting the required approvals
- Follow up and assist staff members and supervisors to finalize and submit the performance Management evaluations on a timely manner. Support in analyzing and monitoring performance gaps and identify needed areas of development
- Ensure a smooth separation process, with a focus on the employee experience and acquiring the needed information for the organization through exit interviews and analysis of the respective data
- Provide guidance and timely response to WFP employees on queries related to their benefits and entitlements and HR-related benefits and entitlements
- Take the lead in a regular and consistent HR communication (HR calendar, payroll calendar, etc…) all year long
- Ensure high-standard reports and trackers are maintained for all of the above processes, and prepare regular reports on HR different operational tasks’ progress
- Provide end-to-end support in the recruitment cycle, including drafting attractive vacancy announcements, sourcing candidates, screening of applications, Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within the timeline, communicating with the candidates, ensure their engagement in all recruitment touch points with the HR team offers’ preparation
- Maintain an updated and high-standard recruitment tracker and provide regular reports on recruitment metrics in addition to maintaining and updating recruitment files, according to established standards.
- Support and deliver onboarding for new employees joining WFP to ensure a great candidate experience by following the relevant processes, engaging the hiring managers and clarifying the conditions of terms of service to any new joiner.
- Handling the leave management, monitoring compliance with the Organizations’ rules and regulations, producing attendance information reports to support the hiring managers to check their teams’ attendance records
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Education:Completion of University degree.
Experience:At least 5 years of experience in HR operations management.
Languages: Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Experience operating in a dynamic, international environment
- Proficiency in working with MS applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Advanced skills in using HR systems and a demonstrated ability to work well with new applications.
- Demonstrated track-record of strong customer-orientation.
- Strong team spirit.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people from different backgrounds
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.