WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) assume a substantial role for public sector business and its ability to make a major contribution towards their achievement. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development gives business a significant role to play in efforts to achieve the SDGs, based on their ability to invest and innovate in a sustainable way. Achieving the SDGs requires collective action, shared responsibility and financing from multiple sources, especially of the public sector financial institutions.
To achieve the ambitious plan of sustaining all the strategic interventions of Egypt’s WFP CO, the public-sector contribution should improve and strengthens long-term partnerships with financial institutions, companies, foundations and high-net worth individuals. This includes leveraging the capacities of this segment to build long lasting partnerships that goes beyond resources but expands to leaving a mark to future development visions of the country.
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels
Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&f eature=youtu.be
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely plan, order and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities. Including undertake frequent field visits to WFP’s cooperating partners (e.g. Government, Port Agents, external warehouses , Packing facilities , NGOs ..etc. ) for conducting regular food Quality inspections , stock takes and to assist WFP’s stockholders in proper recordkeeping in conformity with WFP regulations.
- Conduct, partake in any other field missions to support other activities of Supply chain logistics unit, such as but not limited to “market (retail) or/and transport” surveys.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- To Perform other related duties as required
Section: Extra information
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.