OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
▪ Effective leadership and coordination of WHO’s work at the regional and country levels with regard to health governance, policy and strategic issues.
▪ Development of capacities in health diplomacy among key staff and WHO Country Representatives.
▪ Facilitation and engagement in strategic dialogue, advocacy and policy, and activity implementation including South-South, triangular and sub-regional cooperation .
▪ Multilateral affairs and partnerships conducted with reporting of framework agreements.
▪ WHO leadership in donor and development partner coordination and advocacy.
▪ WHO Transformation agenda efficiently implemented in EMRO with full alignment with GPW13.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Research, compile, analyze and summarize basic information and data on specific programmes and topics, to be discussed with the supervisor;
2. Develop, prepare and monitor workplans, support adjustments and provide input to the supervisor in resource allocation and reporting;
3. Implement decisions related to distribution of funds received by the department, ensure that received funds are reflected and linked to the respective workplans, and initiate project funding requests.
4. Monitor award expiry dates, alert responsible staff, and liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding necessary actions to extend awards
5.Coordinate and follow-up on the Department`s HR-administrative issues, ranging inter alia from providing HR-related information on rules and procedures to the Director as well as to staff of the Department; ensure proper management of the HR Plan/HR Action Plan within the workplan; briefing of new staff; and follow-ups on performance evaluation reports/PMDS issues.
6. Monitor the staffing level of the Department, keeping track of all contract extensions and renewals, checking and ensuring that funds are available for the proposed contract and ensure that the renewal of contracts for staff are carried out in a timely fashion, maintaining and updating the Departmental HR plan accordingly.
7. Manage non-staff contractual arrangements including processing APWs and consultants’ contracts and follow up with GSC and with technical units on delivery of assignment reports, effecting payments, etc.
8. Initiate correspondence to verify information, answer queries and obtain additional information on HR and financial matters.
9. Issue and circulate survey initiatives for review and analysis.
10. Update internal databases, and prepare basic statistical and non-statistical reports to assist the supervisor in taking appropriate decisions;
11. Coordinate drafting, editing and proof-reading of correspondence and other documents.
12. Replace other administrative staff, and perform other relevant duties within their scope of responsibility, as required
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by experience or training in related administrative fields. Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is an asset.
Essential: At least eight years’ progressive experience in the area of administration, including experience in HR and/or budget and finance. Desirable: Related experience in UN or international organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of human resources management policies and procedures.
• Very good time management and stress management skills.
• Very good communication skills and analytical skills.
• Good knowledge of WHO procedures and HR practices as applicable to the administrative level an asset.
WHO Competencies*Teamwork *Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences *Communication *Ensuring the effective use of resources *Producing results
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic. Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
Section: Extra information
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EGP 294,414 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- For assessment of your application, please ensure that: 1- Your profile is properly completed and updated; 2- All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided; 3- Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CVs/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.