Supervisory Voucher Examiner
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- •For USEFM – FS is FP5 Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C • All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Ten-year Personal Services Agreement (PSA) with the option to renew. Subject to the successful completion of the probationary period (three months).
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- • The U.S. Mission in Cairo/Egypt is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Supervisory Voucher Examiner (Certifying) in Financial Management Office. – The work schedule for this position is: Full Time – 40 hours per week. • Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
Based on business needs.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
DutiesVoucher Unit Supervisor and Alternate Certifying Officer (VUS) supervises and directs the work of seven LE Staff voucher examiners, one Deputy Supervisor Voucher Examiner (DSVE) and indirectly supervises the Financial Clerk who reports to the Deputy Supervisor Voucher Examiner. Serves as an Alternate Certifying Officer (ACO) who can certify all types of vouchers. Incumbent provides supervision to Financial Management Center’s (FMC) Post Support Unit (PSU) to ensure that customer satisfaction levels are maintained. Responsible for the FMC’s initiative to convert vendor payments from check to electronic funds transfer (EFT). Also responsible for managing the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury’s Overseas Financial Asset Control (OFAC) program.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Qualifications and EvaluationsRequirements:
Prior work experience: Four years of experience is required as a voucher examiner performing work where emphasis is placed on judgment and expository abilities both written and oral to ensure full familiarization with pertinent regulations. One year of supervisory experience is required.
Job knowledge: Understands the operation of computerized financial management systems, purchase card websites, accounts receivable system, financial management regulations, travel regulations, Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR), Standardized Regulations, financial policies and procedures of Embassy Cairo and RM/Global Financial Services. Knowledge of terms of contracts, purchase orders and procurement regulations.Education Requirements: Completion of bachelor degree in commerce, accounting or finance. Evaluations:
Level IV (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing of English is required. (This will be tested).
Level IV (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing of Arabic is required.
Abilities and skills: Use of financial systems, MS word, excel, power point, etc. Must exercise sound judgment when managing vouchering operations and must possess excellent interpersonal skills to manage and motivate staff effectively.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Section: Extra information
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cairo, Egypt may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference. HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
Section: Important application extra details
How to ApplyHow to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a medical and security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Work Permit for Non-Egyptian citizens
- Degree (not transcript)
- Military certificate for men only
- SF-50 (USEFM)
- Proof of citizenship for Egyptian citizens
- Failure to provide the requested documents will disqualify you from the position.
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cairo, Egypt.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.