Marketing and Media Content Officer (Part time)
The project objective is to prevent and reduce health and environmental risks related to POPs and harmful chemicals through their release reduction achieved by provision of an integrated institutional and regulatory framework covering environmentally sound Health Care Waste and E-waste management. The project will reduce emissions of Unintentionally Produced Persistent Organic Pollutants (UPOPs) as well as other hazardous releases (e.g. mercury, lead, etc.) resulting from the unsound management, disposal and recycling of a) Health-Care Waste (HCW), in particular due to substandard incineration practice and open burning of HCW; and, b) Electronic Waste, in particular due to the practice of unsound collection and recycling activities and open burning of electronic waste.
The project will achieve this by i) determining the baseline for releases of UPOPs and other hazardous substances (e.g. mercury, lead) resulting from unsound HCW and E-waste practices; ii) conducting facility assessments; iii) building capacity among key stakeholders; iv) implementing Best Environmental Procedure (BEP) at selected model hospitals, health-care facilities (HCFs) and a central treatment facility (CTF); v) introducing Best Available Technique (BAT) and BEP to formal and informal E-waste processors; vi) preparing health care facilities for the use/maintenance of non-mercury devices followed by introduction of mercury-free devices; vii) evaluating facilities to ensure that they have successfully implemented BEP; viii) installing and evaluating BAT technology(ies) at one Central Treatment Facility based on a defined evaluation criteria; and, xi) enhancing national Health-Care Waste Management (HCWM) training opportunities to reach out to additional hospitals/HCFs.
The project has been financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) acts as the GEF Implementing Agency. The project is executed by Ministry of Environment (MoE), which will assume the overall responsibility for the achievement of project results as UNDP’s Implementing Partner (IP).
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
Objective of the assignment
The project is seeking the service of a part time Marketing and Media Content Officer to promote of the E- waste collection system Mobile Application in the digital space and support its dissemination through campaigns.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare communication plans in alignment with the E-Waste Collection System Mobile Application strategy on digital & social platforms including messages to be communicated on digital & social channels, budgeting in accordance with relevant partners’ plan, etc
- Create content to increase consumer awareness of the E-Waste Collection System Mobile Application.
- Manage campaign to increase the App users.
- Set and manage digital and social media budget in line with relevant partners’ plan.
- Setup and launch all social media platforms (Facebook – Instagram – YouTube – twitter, etc)
- Implement the latest digital and social strategies to increase consumer acquisition.
- Create monthly content calendar to be communicated to end users.
- Moderate all of the E-Waste Collection System Mobile Application digital and social media platforms.
- Report and present campaign performance.
- Report insights from our platforms and utilize social listening to anticipate potential issues.
- Coordinating with stakeholders across the team to ensure effective campaign delivery and provide superior quality of customer service and support to our community.
- Reply to consumer inquiries within the agreed timeframe.
COMPETENCIES Corporate Competencies: Integrity: Demonstrate commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values. Respect of diversity: Displays cultural, gender, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Core Competencies: Client Orientation: Focus on impact and results for the client and respond positively to feedback. Team Work: Participate in teams effectively and show conflict resolution skills. Relationship Building: Build strong relationships with clients and external actors. Stress Management: Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure. Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities. Consistently approach work with high energy and positive and constructive attitude.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
- Strong creative mindset with passion about environmental affairs and sustainability
- Certified in digital marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of agency experience.
- Solid knowledge of marketing, brand, and digital and social media management.
- Experienced in leading and managing creative teams.
- Strong planning and strategic management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Duration of the assignment
6 months starting from the signing of the contract with the selected candidate.
Section: Extra information
APPLICATION PROCESS For the interested candidate, please e-mail to [email protected] your CV and letter of interest in a single document named “[First, Middle and Last name]”. The subject line of the e-mail should read “Marketing and Media Content Officer”. Applications are currently being accepted until 21 October 2020.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.