Section: Responsibilities / Duties
- Supervise a team of seven residence staff. This involves establishing a duties roster and helping them in their daily chores, in collaboration with the residence manager.
- Support in arranging different aspects of functions in the residence. Liaise with residence manager on anticipated final guest total, special dietary requirements for efficient catering and staffing purposes. Liaise with the chef on the menu to ensure the proper table setting and the right number of staffing.
- Responsible to meet & greet Ambassador’s guests.
- Arrange and oversee all maintenance and services in the residence.
- Responsible for all beverage purchases. Keep account of in/out movements of wines and spirits for both official and private use. Undertake monthly inventory of wine cellar.
- Keep account of silver, crystal and chinaware. Check out/in movements before and after parties. Monthly inventory reporting anything missing or broken.
- Organise all purchases making sure the residence is fully stocked all the time and accounting for all purchases including food, drinks, flowers and cleaning supplies.
- Check with Residence Manager for the Ambassador’s daily and forward programme and instruct staff accordingly.
- Keep register of overtime, sick leave and any outstanding annual leave and notify residence manager.
- Responsible for any house-guests staying at the residence. This requires preparing their rooms, checking their programme with the residence manager for any meal requirements.
- Leading and Communicating – Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Delivering Value for Money – Involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services.
- Delivering at Pace – Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
- Excellent language requirement both in English and Arabic
- Active listening and excellent communication skills
- Good on computer skills like Microsoft office and email writing
- Proven work experience in relevant field
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to details
- High standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work individually and within a team
Section: Extra information
Eligibility:Applicants must have right to work and live in Cairo.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with their online application form:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A completely filled out online application form. Kindly ensure that concrete examples of each competences are provided on the application summary section of the form.
- A covering letter stating why you feel you have the necessary skills and competences to apply for the role.
Section: Important application extra details
Please note that incomplete applications or applications received after the stated deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Due to the large amount of applications, we receive only those shortlisted for the interview will be contacted.The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances. Personal data collected will be treated in strictest confidence under the terms of the UK Data Protection Act and used for recruitment purposes only. The British Embassy Cairo is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Egypt employment law.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.