Support the coordination of the Criminal Justice Programme interventions
In response to its enhanced mandates to provide technical assistance related to combating terrorism, organized crime, corruption and drugs, UNODC continues to deliver technical assistance to requesting States. The assistance supports States strengthening criminal justice and health systems to ratify and successfully implement international conventions and protocols, in compliance with the rule of law and human rights. UNODC technical assistance activities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) are undertaken under the broad framework of the Regional Programme on Drug Control, Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Reform
in the Arab States. The Programme contains the following Sub-Programmes: (a) Countering illicit trafficking, organized crime and terrorism; (b) Promoting integrity and building justice; (c) Drug prevention and health.
A steady high level of activities with numerous direct technical assistance to countries, as well as national and regional/sub-regional workshops, characterize the Regional Programme. Specialized training courses for national counterparts for enhanced and focused learning have proven to be one of the successful assistance activities which regularly receive positive feedback.⦁ SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The National Consultant will work under the overall guidance of the UNODC Regional Representative for the Middle East and North Africa and the direct supervision of UNODC Criminal Justice Programme Officer. The National Consultant will assist in the implementation of the project’s activities with relevant counterparts and the procurement of goods, which will take place during the period from September 2020 to August 2021, by performing the following tasks on monthly basis, working on virtual basis from home:
- Draft progress reports, web-stories, press releases and other written inputs relevant to the workshops and projects;
- Translation and review of relevant documents and training material in English and Arabic;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of activities under the Criminal Justice Programme in the MENA region and assist the programme team in developing annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly workplans;
- Support the procurement of services, goods and equipment related to the projects’ implementation under the Criminal Justice Programme including preparing purchase orders, contracts and agreements with suppliers and following up with suppliers and expediters to ensure timely delivery;
- Support the preparation of background papers, correspondence with governments, working papers, mission reports, presentations, briefing notes, draft research, and policy papers on different thematic areas under the Criminal Justice Programme;
- Provide support to projects on aspects related to expenditures and the preparation of payment requests to vendors/consultants;
- Perform any other duties as required.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
I. Academic Qualifications: • Bachelor in Business, Public Administration, Political Science, Law or a related field.
II. Years of experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in communications, training, procurement of goods and services, logistics or a related field with the UN/international organization.
- Previous experience in the field of criminal justice is required;
- Working experience in the Middle East and North Africa region would be an asset;
- Experience in the United Nations or another international organization is required.
- Excellent reporting and technical writing skills;
- Excellent skills in conducting assessments and analysis;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Strong analytical skills and abilities to extrapolate policy recommendations based on research and data;
- Effective communication (spoken, written and presentational) skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnership and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and to use time efficiently. Ability to organize and implement activities and outputs. Ability to maintain focus and pay attention to necessary details.
- Experience in the United Nations or another international organization is preferred;
- Excellent writing skills in both Arabic and English (verbal and written);
Section: Extra information
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS. Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications: ➢ Proposal/Letter of interest (dated and signed): o Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work; o Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work. ➢ Financial proposal (dated and signed): The financial proposal must include the total requested lump sum amount for the 240 working days and shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount. Please note that the financial proposal shall be similar to the above-mentioned table of deliverables. Consultant should provide proof of medical insurance coverage with her/his offer and the offer should clarify whether the medical insurance will cover any medical expenses related to COVID19 or not. The financial offer received should state that the expenses of the medical insurance are included in the financial offer and that the UN/UNDP will not be held accountable for any claims/damage for a condition not covered under the medical insurance. ➢ P11 Form (dated and signed): A completed P11 form including three referees to be contacted for reference check
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology: Cumulative analysis When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: a) Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation. * Technical Criteria weight; 70 * Financial Criteria weight; 30 Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Section: Important application extra details
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.