Executive Assistant (USEFMs ONLY)
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required:
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Limited Non-Career appointment not to exceed five years.
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/eight-qualities-of-overseas-employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Cairo, Egypt is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Executive Assistant. Final grade/step will be determined by Washington. The work schedule for this position is: Full-time 40 hours/week.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
The incumbent serves as a primary point of contact for the Minister Counselor for Public Affairs (MCPA) for all internal and external visitors, meetings, correspondence and telephone communication and supports the MCPA with all administrative operations to keep the section and programs running optimally. Serves as a liaison to other Mission section service providers (HR, GSO: motor pool, procurement, supplies, IRM, Facilities, Consular, FMO, and RSO). Supports entire Public Affairs Section on section-wide issues/meetings/events. Coordinates MCPA calendar, the Cairo-All PA Group and calendar and the section leave Microsoft Teams Group and calendar.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Qualifications and EvaluationsRequirements:
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, multinational, government, or museum environment with marketing, public relations, communications, or education duties as a significant part of the job required.
Two years of college studies.
Language Proficiency: English language level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing is required. This may be tested.
Applicant must identify English language proficiency level in the application to be eligible for the job.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Section: Extra information
Benefits and Other Info
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- The Mission may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current employees of the Mission hired on a Family member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment. This does not apply to employees on a PSA (Temp), or those are hired on a When Actually Employed (WAE) or intermittent work schedule.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret security clearance.
To apply for this position applicants must electronically submit the documents listed below to be considered for employment. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible and qualified.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site https://eg.usembassy.gov/jobs.
Applicants must complete the application with all job duties and experiences as it relates to the vacant position. Failure to provide a complete, thorough and detailed application will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. Only the information completed on the application will be used to determine eligibility and qualifications of applicants.
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) • SF-50 (if applicable)
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.