RESPONSIBILITIES AND IMPACT OF RESULTS
Under the overall supervision of UN Habitat’s Housing and urban upgrading programme officer, the Programme Associate ensures effective delivery of the urban upgrading programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UN-Habitat rules and regulations. The Programme Associate will supervise staff of the Programme Unit. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UN-Habitat HQs as required for resolving complex programme-related issues and exchange of information.
The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Programme Unit and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.The programme associate will undertake the following responsibilities related to the programme:
- Supports formulation of programme strategies, management and implementation of the urban upgrading programme focusing on achievement of the following results
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of CCA, UNSDCF, CPD, CPAP, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC).
- Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Support the implementation of programme activities to ensure timely delivery of goals and deliverables
- Drafting of project documents and creation of a project online systems, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit of NEX projects, supports implementation of audit recommendations.
- Lead coordination among partners including but not limited to: government, UN HABITAT headquarters, national and international consultants in line with the programme objectives and mandate.
- Assist in development of programme work plan and provide support for management and monitoring of budget and activities
- Prepare and draft TORs, contracts and MoUs for programme partners and consultants and follow up on submission of progress reports and agreed deliverables
- Lead projects reporting and documentation
- Lead the identification of local partners as necessary for various tasks
- Conduct necessary research for literature reviews and for problem solving as needed
- Review technical documents and support feedback provision and communication to implementing partners;
- Prepare agenda for relevant missions, identifying key stakeholders to meet and setting up meetings accordingly;
- follow up regularly with partners to ensure timely delivery of requested tasks.
- Provide support to proposal development and portfolio expansion
- Scan relevant business opportunities and explore potential partnership
- Research global best practices and methodologies for new business areas;
- Support in the development of concept notes and project documents;
- Coordinate meetings and follow up with potential business partners;
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
- Project Management: Strong project management skills specifically time management, ability to follow up on tasks and with multiple partners
- Research: Ability to research new business areas and synthesize large amount of information to develop project strategies
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate among partners. Excellent English writing skills and proficiency in Arabic, specifically the ability to read government documents and interpret them
- Planning and organizing: Ability to work independently with minimal guidance. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Creativity: Actively seek to offer new and different options to solve problems
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Professionalism: Ability to approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning or design, architecture, international development, political or social sciences or related field is required.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience at the national or international level in related areas such as urban development or basic services is required, previous work with international organization or NGOs and specific knowledge and experience in urban upgrading and/or Water and sanitation are desirable.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic are required
- Other desirable skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), writing and reporting skills are requested. Familiarity with GIS applications and image and publishing software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator, etc) is desirable.
Section: Extra information
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications electronically.
- UN-HABITAT reserves the right to re-classify the post at a grade lower than the advertised level.
- Only Egyptian nationals shall be considered for the post.
- Please Write down your Name in the P11file (i.e. P11-Your Name)
- *P.11 form can be downloaded through: http://www.eg.undp.org/content/dam/egypt/docs/Vacancies/P11form.doc
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.