Consultant- Support the mapping of health innovations survey
- To review / refine the concept note and data collection tool for a mapping of health innovations related to COVID-19 based on a rapid review of available information
- To liaise with GAP-Accelerator 6 partners for building a database of potential respondents
- To coordinate data collection, including wide dissemination and close follow-up
- To prepare a draft report summarizing results of the survey including examples of best practices in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, supportive of the 9 pillars of the COVID19 health response, 7 Accelerators of the GAP and/or the Health First Pillar of the UN Socio-economic framework
- To prepare draft advocacy material in support of EMR health innovations, to be shared with communities, policy makers, to aid in COVID-19 response and beyond
- Start date: 01/10/2020
- End date: 31/12/2020
- Review / refine the concept note and data collection tool for a mapping of health innovation related to COVID-19 based on a rapid review of available information
- Reviewing available information and evidence on health innovation related to COVID-19
- Updating the concept note and data collection tool
- Draft report summarizing results of the survey including examples of best practices in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Coordinating data collection for the survey, including wide dissemination and close follow-up with respondents, in collaboration with partners
- Identify best practices and coordinate their development into at least 2 – 3 case studies
- Write up of the draft report
- Draft advocacy material in support of EMR innovation, to be shared with communities, policy makers, to aid in COVID-19 response and beyond
- Reviewing advocacy material produced by GAP – Accelerator partners
- Write up of the draft advocacy material for health innovation in the EMR
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
Purpose of the consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the mapping of health innovations survey. The expected outcomes of the survey are:
- A collective report of the mapping of health innovations with examples of best practices or case studies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in countries of the EMR, which are supportive of health systems strengthening as part of the SDGs.
- Advocacy material to be shared with communities, policy makers, to aid in COVID-19 response and beyond
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
- Master’s degree in Medicine or Public Health or Health Informatics; PhD level is an asset.
- Health survey planning, implementation, report-writing
- Health advocacy material planning and production
Section: Extra information
- This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Successful candidates will be included in the roster for consideration for future contractual engagement via a consultancy, as they become available. Inclusion in the roster does not guarantee any future contractual relationship with WHO
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- Consultants shall perform the work as independent contractors in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of any entity or authority. The execution of the work under a consultant contract does not create an employer/employee relationship between WHO and the Consultant.
- WHO shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any taxes, duties, social security contributions or other contributions payable by the Consultant. The Consultant shall be solely responsible for withholding and paying any taxes, duties, social security contributions and any other contributions which are applicable to the Consultant in in each location/jurisdiction in which the work hereunder is performed, and the Consultant shall not be entitled to any reimbursement thereof by WHO.
Section: Important application extra details
Job Posting: Sep 8, 2020, 10:54:50 AM
Closing Date: Sep 18, 2020, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Egypt-Cairo
Organization: EM/SID Science, Information and Dissemination
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.