IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new strategy to stimulate more investment activity by Creating Markets, including in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict Situations (FCS). This new strategy requires a shift in our approach to proactively create, deepen and expand markets and projects rather than waiting for clients to propose projects for IFC to finance. This strategy also relies on upstream work with Governments and World Bank colleagues to enable private sector solutions and financing. We call this approach the “Cascade.” Working with clients, we will first seek private sector solutions to address development challenges, where such solutions are advisable and can be effective, and reserve public financing for projects only when other options are suboptimal.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services sector team is recruiting Investment Analyst for their team to work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the origination, structuring, negotiation, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing transactions and portfolio monitoring. This position will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
IFC recruits investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
Duties & Accountabilities:
• Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
• Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making. • Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparables.
• Basic understanding of how specific investments or advisory transactions in different industries and sectors impact economic, market, and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions, gaps, and business opportunities.
• Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information as well as relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with the client to obtain needed information.
• Demonstrates active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others in order to identify client and stakeholder needs.
• Able to distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations.
• Able to write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner.
• Able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
• Extract lessons of IFC’s earlier investments or advisory mandates and other evaluative work as relevant to provide input to the structuring of straightforward transactions Selection Criteria
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree;
• Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects;
• Ability to develop complex financial models;
• Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments;
• Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standard, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Strong knowledge of financial markets;
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance;
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
• Fluency in English required, fluency in French is a plus, proficiency in additional languages is preferred.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.