Consultancy for study on Development of ECD National Strategy Action Plan
The long-term goal is to ensure that all young children and their families from all social and economic backgrounds have equitable access to a continuum of care through high quality health, nutrition, early learning, child protection and social protection interventions from pre-conception to age 6 years, enabling them to survive, thrive and overcome inter-generational poverty.
The specific objective of this assignment is to develop a costed plan of action on early childhood development (ECD) based on the ECD Egypt National Strategy and implementation monitoring mechanism.
The assignment will be led by NCCM, in collaboration with the national committee for ECD policies, and supported by UNICEF. A lead national consultant, who will assign assistant expert in relevant areas as required (planning/budgeting) to support the accomplishment of the assignment, will be responsible for coordination of the team work and submission of deliverables in accordance to UNICEF and NCCM standards.
The lead consultant will work closely with NCCM, UNICEF and will communicate with other stakeholders as required. The process and methodology will include three phases:
Phase 1. Inception:
- Desk review of the ECD National Strategy and the Joint monitoring framework and any available documents (i.e. ECD situation analysis, national Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS), and literature relevant previous costing studies).
- Consultations with UNICEF, NCCM, National Committee for ECD Policies, and identified governmental and non-governmental stakeholders to get an in-depth understanding of existing ECD relevant plans and budget data and plan an interview schedule with relevant stakeholders
- Develop basic framework for costing methodology
- Submit an inception report (deliverable 1), including the details of the methodology including the basic framework for costing.
Phase 2. Data collection:
- Facilitate meetings/workshops with key stakeholders in relation to the prioritization of ECD interventions to achieve national strategy targets and the creation of a multi-year action plan building on existing national and local resources and existing programs’ platforms.
- Interviews with key relevant ministries/stakeholders, and field visits to gather data from operational facilities, for costing exercise and financing ECD multi-year action plan.
Phase 3. Drafting the ECD Costed Action Plan:
- Develop the first draft of the national costed multi-year action plan (deliverable 2) reflecting priority interventions in quantity and quality measures.
- Present the draft costed action plan (including timeframe, monitoring mechanisms, budget and resources based on the costing exercise) in workshops to relevant stakeholders; followed by meetings to gather feedback on the plan as required.
- Develop the second draft of the costed action plan, including monitoring mechanisms, based on results of the workshop and follow-up meetings (deliverable 3).
- Incorporate feedback and presenting the final version of the costed action plan, including all costing annexes, and facilitate a validation meeting to be organized by MOSS. The final costed action plan will be subject to approval by the national committee for ECD Policies chaired by NCCM (deliverable 4).
NCCM, supported by UNICEF,will organize the validation meeting / workshops. The consultant will be responsible for technical inputs and facilitation of meetings/workshops.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
The consultancy will be conducted during the last quarter of 2020, mid October – end of December 2020. The lead consultant will assign assistant expert in relevant areas (national planning /costing) to support the accomplishment of the assignment as required.
Under the guidance of the Early Childhood Development Manager, the consultancy will include the following tasks:
- Desk review of the relevant documents related to ECD national Plan of action and Budget.
- Preparation of the inception report detailing the methodology and time frame for undertaking the assignment.
- Data collection, including meetings/workshops with key stakeholders
- Develop first draft of costed national action plan
- Develop the second draft of the costed action plan, including monitoring mechanisms, based on feedback received from stakeholders
- Conduct meetings and workshops to present / validate the costed national action plan.
- Prepare the final version ECD Costed Action Plan.
- Submit the final report on the assignment
All deliverables will be submitted in Arabic language
ESTIMATED Time Schedule
15 Oct – 31 Dec 2020
|An inception report with detailed methodology, activities, time schedule and the basic framework for costing methodology|
|First draft of the national costed multi-year action plan|
|Second draft of the national costed action plan, including monitoring mechanisms, based on results of the workshop and follow-up meetings|
|Final version of the national costed action plan, including all costing annexes, after incorporating all feedback from validation workshop Final report on the assignment|
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
For Lead consultant / assistant expert:
- Advanced degree in economics, social science, development studies or other relevant degrees
- At least 15 years of experience in the field of reviewing and developing national action plans preferably in areas related to child rights and development
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical aspects of child-sensitive policies and programmes;
- Demonstrated experience to produce high quality National action Plans and budgets
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, government, UN organizations and other development partners;
- Fluency and excellent technical writing skills in Arabic and English;
- Experience in facilitating national meetings and workshops
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Effective communication and advocacy skills.
Section: Extra information
CONDITIONS OF WORK
- The consultant will assign assistant expert in national planning /costing to support the accomplishment of the assignment as required
- NCCM, supported by UNICEF, will organize workshops
- Work station: free lance
- Laptops, computers and office supplies are not provided by UNICEF
- Payment upon submission of quality deliverables approved by NCCM and UNICEF.
NOTE FOR CONSULTANTS AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTORS:
Please submit a financial offer along with your proposal, which contains the following information:
-Fee for services to be provided based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Wed Aug 19 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time) Egypt Standard Time Closing Date Tue Sep 08 2020 23:55:00 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time)
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.