- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources For USEFM, FS is FP-9. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Ten year Personal Services Agreement (PSA) with the option to renew. Subject to successful completion of probationary period (three months).
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Cairo/Egypt is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Supply Clerk. The work schedule for this position is: Full-time 40 hours/week. Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
Depend on business need.
Section: Responsibilities / Duties
Under the supervision of the Supply and Property Control Supervisor, the Supply Clerk is responsible for ordering, storing, and maintaining office supplies in the stockroom and making best use of available space. Incumbent is also responsible for managing the executive and office supplies inventory system which includes high value items. The incumbent also issues supplies from the stockroom to Embassy customers, maintains records of the stockroom on bin cards, monitors stock levels, and initiates orders from vendors as required.
Section: Requirements: Education / Experience / Languages / other requirements:
Qualifications and Evaluations
Two years of general office or clerical work experience is required. One year of this experience must be working with supply operations and stock control or logistics management.
Knowledge of supply and storekeeping instructions and general procurement procedures.
- Education Requirements:
Completion of secondary school is required.
Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing of English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing of Arabic.
Skills and Abilities:
Capable of performing moderately arduous work, including heavy lifting and operating the material handling equipment used. Basic computer skills- Word, Excel- is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Section: Extra information
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cairo/Egypt may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Section: Important application extra details
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a medical and security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Emails sent to [email protected] must display the Vacancy Announcement number in the email subject line to receive a response.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- Secondary School certificate (not transcript)
- DD-214 (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Certificate of Military Service Status ( for men)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Email inquiries about this Vacancy Announcement (VA) must include the VA number in the email subject line.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cairo, Egypt.
Job source: recruiting organization’s website.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.