Immigration Program Support
Embassy of Canada to Egypt
Annual salary 82,786 EGP
31 March 2017
Immigration Program Support
Position title: Immigration Program Support
Appointment Process No: Cairo-IMM-2017
Type: Emergency/Term (anticipatory)
Department: Embassy of Canada, Cairo, Egypt
Number of Vacancies: 2
Job Category: Immigration
Salary range: Starting at 82,786 EGP gross per annum plus 13th month bonus.
Location: Embassy of Canada in Egypt
Closing date: 31 March 2017
Summary of Duties:
The Embassy of Canada in Cairo Egypt has a requirement for an Immigration Program Support with responsibilities that include all or some of the following:
- Provides information and assistance to internal and external clients in person or electronically to facilitate compliance with requirements, or their understanding of immigration application processes.
- Enters and validates information in departmental on-line systems; reviews applications and documents; identifies shortcomings including incomplete applications, missing, or irregular information.
- Processes fee payments and prepares documents for refunding of fees.
- Maintains filing system, searches internal systems and accesses departmental websites to search or track information.
- Utilizes office equipment such as a computer, photocopier, scanners, fax machines, specialized printers, biometric capturing equipment, and telephones.
- Researches information systems to support information gathering for the processing of the file/application and to support program integrity.
- Translates and interprets written and verbal information as required.
Area of selection/Eligibility:
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Cairo, Egypt, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date.
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
- Fluency in English (written, spoken, comprehension)
- Fluency in Arabic (written, spoken, comprehension)
- A college diploma or a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum of 2 years recent* experience working in an office environment in an administrative support capacity;
*Recent is defined as in the last 5 years.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Initiative and sound judgement
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Personal integrity
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
- Ability to speak, read and write French.
- Experience working for a diplomatic mission or international organization.
- Experience working in visa/consular services in a diplomatic mission in the last 5 years.
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
- Ability to work occasional overtime (evenings, weekends if necessary);
- The standard hours of work are from 8:00am to 16:30 pm Sunday to Wednesday and 8:00-13:30 pm Thursday , inclusive of rest periods.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid passport and Egyptian residency permit (if non- Egyptian)
- Must be a legal resident of Egypt
- Able to obtain and retain an enhanced reliability clearance (security clearance)
- Free of any criminal charges or conviction.
- successful completion of a 12 months’ probation period ( for determinant candidates)
- Successful candidates must pass a routine medical examination
How to apply:
- Please follow the link chc.amris.com/wizards_v2/chc/vacancyView.php and complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter.
- Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
- Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Please note that some email systems may block emails from unknown users. Candidates should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including junk mail.
- Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- The Embassy of Canada in Egypt does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews then please let us know during the application process.
- The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Cairo, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
- If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca