|Title: Finance Officer
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Egypt CO, Finance Team
||LOCATION: Cairo, Egypt
||POST TYPE: National
|Child Safeguarding Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Finance Officer is responsible for handling incoming and outgoing financial transactions in Accounting and Treasury Unit. Checking the accurateness and completeness of the supporting documents; recording/posting transactions according to SCI guidelines, assisting in producing monthly reports, orientating staff on finance policies and procedures, and ensuring that month closures are accurate and held in a timely manner.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: SeniorFinance Officer, Cairo, Egypt
Staff directly reporting to this post: Finance Assistant
Budget responsibility: none
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of Finance Team, contribute to:
- Check bills, invoices, and other supporting documents before payments to ensure the accurateness and completeness of the documents, comprehensiveness of the charging notes, correctness of the budget codes, and ensuring all approved payments are in line with up-to-date SOD.
- Review the accurateness of the vouchers as well as the bank checks before the payments.
- Ensure bank books are maintained and reconciled on a daily basis.
- Ensure all vouchers are recorded and posted to the system one a daily basis.
- Review bank reconciliations on accurateness and correctness to ensure all the payments in the bank statements are accounted for.
- Maintain a bank signatory list and make sure it is updated on a monthly basis or whenever a need arises
- Review the supporting documents for all authorized petty cash payments, invoices, and other supporting documents to ensure the accurateness and completeness of the documents, comprehensiveness of the charging notes, correctness of the budget codes, and ensuring all approved payments are in line with up-to-date SOD.
- Ensure cash books are maintained and cash reconciliation is done on a daily basis.
- Review the settlement of advances taken by program/admin staff for procurement, training and travel purposes. Ensure proper budget coding approvals from the authorized person and deliver the checks to concerned parties on timely basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly salary payroll for SCI staff, salary charging sheets including Income Tax and Social Security.
- Follow up on advances to ensure all outstanding ones are cleared on the timely fashion
- Provide assistance with monthly amortization as well as clearance of all balance sheet accounts (including account 2031).
- Periodic severance calculation as well as allocation
- Ensure all finance documents are properly and orderly maintained.
- Assist during year end as well as grant specific audits.
- Any other related tasks as requested by Supervisor.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- In case of emergency, contribute to finance services.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- College graduates/studies related to Accounting or any other similar
- Recommended 4+ years of relevant work experience as an accountant, audit, etc.
- Excellent Team Player with the good sense of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
- Ability to work independently while keeping a supervisor updated
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred. Knowledge of Agresso would be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
|Date of issue: March 2017 Author : FF