In the framework of the Anna Lindh Foundation Intercultural Learning Programme aiming at preparing people of the region to live and be active within multi-cultural societies, the Anna Lindh Foundation is organising a Regional Training for Trainers on Intercultural Citizenship Education in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The training is addressed to educators in the formal and non-formal education sector.
The training will be carried out in English and French for 5 days, scheduled tentatively from 25 to 31 March (including traveling dates) in Malta. Following the face-to-face training, educators should commit to organise educational activities in their respective communities and will be accompanied in this process through a mentorship scheme.
Through this Call the ALF will select 30 participants for the Training for Trainers. Participants will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
• being an educator/trainer. Educators from relevant non-formal education sectors (CSOs, NGOs, etc.) are welcome to apply.
• Work in the formal or non-formal education sectors,
• work with young people,
• are able to organise, deliver and evaluate training for other groups, and
• are familiar with non-formal education pedagogical approaches.
Additionally, participants should:
• have developed projects for intercultural citizenship education, or have been involved in projects for intercultural citizenship education, and
• have worked on issues related to intercultural citizenship education (e.g. diversity, identify, citizenship, active participation, intercultural dialogue, etc.) and
• present their proposal to organise educational activities in 2017 in their country as part of the training follow-up
Furthermore, based on the relevance and quality of applications, the ALF will try to ensure the selection of representatives from different countries of the region with a tentative ratio of 10 Southern Mediterranean and 20 European participants and with gender balance.
Call for Participation (PDF)
Application Form (word file)