American University in Cairo
5 January 2017
Assistant Director, FinTech Accelerator, AUC Venture Lab, School of Business (Grant Position) (50029728)
Reports to: Director, AUC Venture Lab, School of Business
Purpose: The jobholder will manage the Venture Lab’s Fintech Program. The Fintech Program is an incubation program specifically for Fintech sector startups acceleration by providing participants with a platform, mentorship and training program. The jobholder will be required to design and implement the training and mentorship curriculum, as well as coach startups on the software needs of banks and the technical guidance needed to meet those needs. Work is based on flexible and extended hours.
Program Design and Development
- Research, design and develop program curriculum and workshops according to market, sponsor and startup needs
Program Planning and Promotion
- Plan and coordinate the annual marketing strategies with the marketing and business development office
- Prepare the annual program budget for approval by the division director, including both income and revenue projections as well as program cost effectiveness in terms of budget goal
- Develop new sector growth strategies to increase the number of applicants and client startups by continuously improving on existing programs
- Developing a startup database, mapping the ecosystem and adding new potential high growth startups in the field and ecosystem
Managing Program Delivery
- Schedule program activities and workshops
- Recruit, hire and orient qualified trainers and mentors in liaison with the department director
- Ensure the availability of the resources needed for effective and quality delivery such as teaching materials, software, equipment and supplies
Quality Assurance and Reporting
- Ensure that quality instruction is being offered throughout the program, by monitoring startup evaluation of instruction and regularly observing and evaluating trainers and mentors in accordance with V-Lab instructional standards as well as taking the appropriate action based on the results of the evaluation.
- Prepare monthly reports about the programs activities, marketing strategies, challenges and successes, based on evidence collected on the performance of the programs
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor degree in a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
Experience: 8-12 years of work experience and a minimum of threeyears of relevant work experience.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Excellent knowledge of the Drupal environment.
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views and Panels
- Strong experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Excellent programming skills in PHP, HTML5/XHTML, CSS, JS and jQuery.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
- Good experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Good knowledge of open source databases implementation such as MySQL
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Capable of quickly learning and applying new technologies and software.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work and contribute in team projects.
- Ability to conduct research in a chosen domain
Position is open until January 5, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50029728 Assistant Director, FinTech Accelerator – AUC Venture Lab, School of Business” in the subject line.